Is Mediation Right for You?
Mediation is right for you if:
Mediation is not right for you if:
- You are willing to work alongside your spouse, with the help of the mediator, to settle your case.
- You are willing to act respectfully toward your spouse and control your negative emotions.
- You are willing to compromise.
- You are willing to keep an open mind, to brainstorm and discuss alternative solutions.
- You are willing to be open and honest and fully disclose the information needed to complete the divorce process.
- You want to control the outcome of your case in a private setting.
- You or your spouse cannot behave respectfully toward one another or the mediator.
- You or your spouse cannot control feelings of hostility toward one another.
- There is a history of abuse in your relationship.
- You or your spouse are hiding assets and are unwilling to be transparent during the disclosure process.
- You or your spouse are not competent to make legal decisions.
- Your spouse is unwilling to mediate.
More About Mediation
Pros and Cons